Hey hey hey!!
Okay so again I don't have too much time so this will be super random and hopefully I remember everything I wanna say. First off, thanks so much for all the mail everybody!! I feel like a rockstar haha...last night I got five letters and was the envy of my district. Keep it up ;) And shoutout to Draya and Amanda for sending those AWESOME cupcakes. You two rock.
Also mom, you should know that every time I wear one of the skirts you made me I have like ten sisters ask me where I got it...and I tell them you made em and they all want to be your best friend so you can make them skirts too. You're pretty much a legend here.
Oh to answer your questions, I actually haven't seen Seth in a few days but I'll try to remember to ask him about the package next time I run into him. OH and I saw mister Winslow Morrell on Sunday! Love that kid.
Speaking of running into people, on Saturday (i think) we were teaching the volunteer investigators here in the TRC, and I walked into the first lesson where these three girls were sitting...and one was like HEY I know your sister Amanda!! haha her name is Kaylee Alldridge (no clue how to spell it). But she says hi. And I got to teach her. FYI. And I'm SO SO SO excited to hear about your mission call Manda!! Margo is getting her call this week too so I'm pumped for all the news!
Aaaaand Elder Rose in my district says hi. He's put my name into the Grinch song..."She's a strange one...Sister Smith" hahaha
ANYWHO. Life here is still just great. We are now officially the oldest district in our zone which is weird. I won't lie, I'm getting anxious to get to WA already and start really teaching people, but I don't mind being here too much. I'm glad I only have three weeks though. Dad, I know how you feel about the fake "investigators". I had a really hard time at first with it, cause it's all just role playing and sometimes hard to get into it. But like you said, the Spirit testifies of truth no matter how it's being presented, so it works. And strangely enough we all have a genuine love for the investigators we teach and really care about their progress. It's surprising. We have three regular investigators (Jo, Jeannie, and Alexander) and then teach "referrals" (the MTC volunteers) and do a lot of role playing with each other. It's weird, and not my favorite, but it really does help. And it teaches you to really rely on the Spirit for everything. Which is new. I never realized just how important the Spirit is until coming here. It's awesome.
OH on Sunday I finally got to go sing with Ryan! And lucky me, Jodi King was the pianist!! So I ran up and she gave me a huge hug and it was great. She is the best. So we're singing tonight for the MTC devotional, and word on the street is that an apostle will be speaking! YESSS. AND, guess which song we're singing? That's right. Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer. The UVCC/LDC version we all know. So I'm stoked out of my mind. It's one of my favorite songs and we get to sing for an apostle. With Ryan as the director. On Preparation Day. The Church is true!! :)
I forgot to bring a USB cord so I can't upload pictures here yet :( I'll have to send a bunch when I get out to the field next week!
Blah I can't think of everything I wanted to saaay. The days are such a blur I can't even remember what happened when haha..but I have learned a TON and my testimony has grown so much in just these past couple weeks. I think I told you that we were challenged to read the entire BoM while here, and I'm almost done! Amanda when you get here I highly recommend you try to do it as well. Reading it in an environment where the Spirit is SO strong all the time, you get a deeper understanding and a lot of revelation while reading it.
Okay well time's up, but I love you all, I'll be sending replies to all you fabulous friends and family today so look out!!
Remember, YOLNT!!
Sister Smithers
No comments:
Post a Comment