yo yo.
So guess who gets to leave tomorrow?? THIS GIRL!! I am so stinkin pumped. I can't wait to get out of being in the same three buildings every day of my life haha :) Definitely be expecting a phone call while I'm in the airport...hopefully I'll have a good amount of time!
So first off, remember how I said that last Tuesday an apostle was going to come speak at our devotional? And that we were gonna sing for him? Yeah. JEFFREY R HOLLAND. I about pooped my pants when he walked in, I was so excited. So we sang for him, he gave us all a good beating with the Spirit, and I took like three pages of notes. He talked about how we are commanded to have at least one convert on our missions, and it better be ourselves. And a whole bunch of other stuff. Coolest thing ever. Plus he did the dedicatory prayer for three renovated buildings here at the MTC, which was WAY cool. I've never heard him pray before...and you can just tell he is talking straight to God. I can't even describe the experience well enough. The Spirit was so incredibly strong while he was praying that I literally opened my eyes halfway through to check to see if the Savior Himself was standing in our midst. It was amazing. There's just something about when an apostle prays that makes it all the more real...if that makes any sense whatsoever.
Another cool experience, our class/district was chosen to be taught by the new Preston, England MTC President and his wife. They were being trained here in the MTC and they chose our class to teach. Apparently he was a 70 and all that stuff so that was pretty cool.
PS, Salem is taking over the MTC. I swear, I run into someone new every day. There are three of us from SHHS in my zone alone. (Matthew Chestnut and Jake Jensen are both in my zone...and Meagan, Jake says to tell you hi) But I ran into Hadyn Richardson, Marissa Sainsbury, and Nathan McNaughton this last week. Go Salem.
Umm...yeah. I finished the Book of Mormon yesterday which was super awesome, it's been a while since I've read it all the way through for myself. It's dang true, that's all I've got to say.
We've been loving teaching our investigators here. I wasn't expecting to become this invested in them, since it's just role play with our teachers and the ones hired in the TRC. But you genuinely care about the investigator and become invested in their needs and stuff. It's pretty cool. BUT I can't wait to go start teaching REAL investigators!! Wooo!
I can't even remember all the things I wanted to say...I had some stuff written down but I left my notebook back in my classroom. Sorry.
Oh hey Dad: my district has been experiencing adversity. Sometimes in the middle of class. Which makes for a lot of laughs. Thought you'd appreciate that :)
Aaaanyways. I feel like these three weeks have already changed my testimony by leaps and bounds, and I'm super pumped to see what 18 months will do! Church is true!
Keep up those letters, I love em!!
"It is a....Q TIP!!!"
Sister Ashley Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment