Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 24 MTC - New Letter + a surprise

Got this letter today plus a fun surprise .....
At 7pm, we got a phone call from someone introducing herself as Stephanie Blackburn. She said she had our daughter living in her basement. It took me a minute to figure out who she meant - I know, dumb right?! My first thought was one of the other girls being silly, then I realized it must be Ashley. Sis. Blackburn was calling on behalf of Ashley, who was dying to know where her sister had gotten her mission call. Amanda had sworn us all to secrecy - she wanted to be the first to tell her and was going to write her. I told Sis. Blackburn this and as she relayed the message, you could hear Ashley scream in the background. I gave Sis. Blackburn Amanda's number and said she could call her - that way we weren't divulging any family secrets.:) A few minutes later, we got a call from Amanda. Excited is an understatement - she screamed and said she got to talk to Ashley and tell her personally. It was maybe a 5 minute call at most - but totally cool that she was able to share that with her, since Ashley couldn't be here when she opened her call.

While I was on the phone with Sis. Blackburn I was able to find out a little info: Stephanie is the wife Allen Blackburn, the Bishop in the ward; they live 5 miles outside of town; they are the parents of 9 children - all grown; and they have an apartment in the basement where the missionaries live.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love!! I'm going to quote Ashley now..."I may or may not have teared up". Love her writing.

    ReplyDelete