Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 225 Yakima, WA the G crew

Hey family!!

Transfer calls came on Saturday!! *drumroll please*

I'm staying in Yakima, Farnes and Love are staying in 5th ward, I'm going to 4th ward and training AGAIN! (Ha one of the ladies in the ward told me I'm like the machine from that Dr Seuss book that pumps out star-bellied Sneetches. Rock on.) I'll be living with the Olanders in 4th ward, and they seem SUPER cool. I'm excited. I'll tell you all about my greenie next week once I meet her. My former comps will be in my same district so I'll see them multiple times a week :)

Just a couple of things to mention this week:
-So that apartment complex I told you about in Union Gap? So dang cool. They're in the 5th ward, so I won't get to teach them again...lame. But this week we went back, and 5 of the tenants all sat outside with us, all with their book of mormons (one didn't have one cause it was her first time meeting with us, but she asked us for one afterwards. haHA!) And they just asked us a whole bunch of questions about temples and how families are sealed and about the word of wisdom and all that. It was so much fun. They  just genuinely want to learn. We call them the "G Crew" because the first lady we met there is named Glenda...she's the one with cancer. Teri (one of the ladies) is bound and determined to read the entire Book of Mormon which is super cool. I'm way sad I won't get to go teach them again.

-However, there is an investigator in 4th ward that I get to keep seeing!! Her name is Maddi, she's 17 and her dad is a convert to the church. Her mom is Pentecostal and she usually goes with her. But she started taking the lessons from us. She is so SO solid. She doesn't want to be swayed by anyone about anything, and just wants to do whatever God wants her to do. So she is taking her time, but it's not like procrastinating like some gators do. She has TONS of awesome questions for us every time we come and really thinks things through. She told us this last time that we have completely changed her perspective on Mormons and that we aren't just this archaic crazy Amish people. She said she is really praying hard to find out if it is true and if it is she'll get baptized in a heartbeat. So keep her in your prayers...she's amazing!! We love her.

-There's another investigator named Dawn who we saw this week. She is single and has a 4 year old daughter. She is really searching for guidance in her life...she's been through a lot and the church she has won't answer any of her questions. It sounds like she has a good support system there which helps, but it isn't satisfying her. We're giving her a church tour next week so hopefully she comes!! whoop whoop!! Church tours are the best. We're focusing a LOT on them in the WKM. We gave one to another lady named Angie a week ago...our first one with the new structure...and she told her friend later that she felt one way when she was outside the church, and another way when she was inside. And she really wanted that feeling back. :) :) WHATS UP, CHURCH IS TRUE.

Anywho. Lots of changes comin up. I'm nervous, excited, all the above. But I gotta go...we're about to go to some dinosaur park in Granger. Get ready for pictures next week. Thanks for all the prayers and stuffs! LOVE YOU ALL!

Sister Smith

Pictures:
Me and another "Sister Smith". How cute is she?! :) :)
I wore a snake as a necklace. A real one. Notice my terrified fake smile. Actually it wasn't scary...but it was choking me to death. So maybe it was. You'll never know.
THE G CREW!!! Gah I love them so much. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment