hello people of my life :)
Okay. Gotta hurry. My new greenie is Sister Gamble from South Weber Utah. She's 19 and super excited to work, which is great! We live with the Olanders now, and I love them to death. They are SUPER nice. I really like only focusing on one ward now. It's nice to whip this area into shape.
We don't have a car for this area yet, so we're having to switch off every day with the 5th ward sisters. Yay walking!! haha luckily it's starting to cool off outside now so we aren't roasting.
We had our trainer/trainee meeting on Thursday. I love Pres Ware to death. I don't remember if I told you....last week the night of transfer calls, we had a missed call from him around 8:30 at night. And so we freaked out. Naturally. (We hadn't heard any news yet about where people were going.) He didn't call us back until like 9, and told us it was an accidental butt call. hahaha we gave him such a hard time about it, and he told us he would bring us chocolate chip cookies to make up for terrorizing us. So when I saw him this week, he gave me a green jolly rancher as a "down payment" on our cookies. bahaha coolest president ever. OH! Also he told us the mission is getting iPads soon!! whoop whoop!!
I got to see Sister Harris this week!!!!!!! AAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!! I miss that girl so dang much. Totally made my month.
Anywho. We're going to start doing church tours with members this week, and show them what it's like and have them portray their friend. An Elder that I knew in Hermiston started doing it and has gotten a referral every time.
Also idk if I've mentioned Debbie before in previous emails? She was a lady in the 5th ward that was around 50 and had fluid in her brain...we would see her at least once every week. SUPER funny awesome lady. She had this best friend/caretaker named Shannon that she always talked about. So one day we were out tracting and we saw this lady unpacking her car. Of course, we went to talk to her. AND IT WAS SHANNON!! She had heard all about us too and so we became good friends. Anyway, Debbie died this last week. So we had her funeral and Shannon spoke at it. It was a really cool experience for her because it wasn't like any other funeral she had been to. She started asking a lot of questions about what we believed about life after death and stuff like that. She's in 5th ward unfortunately, but I think she'll be taking the lessons soon :)
Welp, gotta go. Time's short today. But I love you all and thanks for all the support!!
Smash
Pictures:
Last P day we went to Granger where they have endless amounts of dinosaur statues...so we went and played on all of them with a bunch of the elders from our zone. Fun stuff. And yes, that is me planking on a dinosaur tail. haha Dad it reminded me of that time when Jared was laying on the ground: "Jar, it doesn't count as planking if you're already on the ground!"
And then there's a picture of my new greenie with my old trio. Enjoy.




No comments:
Post a Comment