First things first.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY-O!!!! 45 ain't that bad. You're still kickin. :) Glad you liked my cheesy birthday card :)
Things went pretty well this week!! Sister Gamble is such a hard worker which I am SO grateful for. The work is really starting to pick up now and we are just kicking butt and taking names! We have had EIGHT new investigators since she has been here. I finally feel like a missionary again :)
Two of those new investigators were a couple named Nora and Richard. We found them in the area book and decided to go introduce ourselves and all that good stuff. We showed up and Nora told us we were only going to talk to Richard since he was the only one who was interested. But as we were talking she started to ask questions and came into the living room to be in the conversation in spite of herself. She just started grilling us with questions and we answered them ALL. It was a really intense conversation and the Spirit was so strong. She told us afterwards that she understood us a lot better and viewed the Mormon church with kinder eyes. And they invited us to come back! So we're going to see them again this week.
We got to feed the homeless this week which was actually a super cool experience. I just have found over and over again in my mission that you truly love those you serve. This homeless feeding thing was started by this couple just making PB&J's, and has evolved into a ton of people bringing food and clothes and stuff, and every sunday they line it up in this parking lot and just pass it out to whoever needs it. There were tons of people lined up and were so grateful to have food. It was fun!
Oh my gosh speaking of food, I had Krispy Kreme donuts for the first time in FOREVER!!! I have been craving them for so long. And the other day some members bought some and had them for dessert when they fed us. And I almost cried tears of donut joy. :)
Something cool Pres Ware talked about in a trainer meeting: you remember when the disciples were out fishing and couldn't catch anything all night, and Jesus told them to cast their nets on the other side of the boat? I'm sure they were like "now who is this, that has such a cute idea of how to fish?" But as they did it and trusted him then they couldn't even reel the catch in. He told us that the Lord is now asking us to cast our nets on the member's side of the boat. A lot of missionaries are saying "well that won't work, I know how to tract and that's what we'll do instead". But he said that if we trust in Him and align ourselves with keyholders then we'll be much more successful. Cool stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment