FYI, we have found out this transfer that Sis Pratt and I are EXACTLY the same person. Seriously. It's almost creepy. We say the same phrases, act the same way, have the same backgrounds, struggle with the same things, everything. It's starting to weird us out. hahaha I love it. Transfer calls are on Saturday (ALREADY) so we're both a bit anxious to see what will happen. We think we'll probably get split up. I'll keep ya posted!
I have two extremely hilarious stories for you this week. Both are to illustrate the type of people here in Naches.
1. So we have a correlation meeting with our ward mission leader every week. Our WML here is SUPER cool. He's actually a recent convert, and is just the nicest guy ever. So we're sitting there talking and eating carmel popcorn, and all of a sudden he looks angry. We just keep talking, and a few minutes later, he's like "Look!" and smiles...and his front tooth was GONE. It was there, and then all of sudden, it wasn't. It just fell right on out! HAHAHAHAHAHA Sister Pratt and I laughed all the way home. Holy crap. Welcome to Naches, where their teeth literally fall out right in front of you.
2. That very same night, the Prests threw a chili cookoff, as kind of a missionary opportunity. They invited a bunch of nonmembers and asked us and the YSA Elders to come as well. It was great! We met a ton of people and ate good food and did the whole thing. So then the Prests had their uncle recite some of his "famous cowboy poetry" for everybody. (Keep in mind, all of his poems are true and are stories from his cowboy life.) So his very first poem is about him birthing a calf and how it slid across his face and peeled his eyelids back and as it did he skinned it with his teeth and it impacted his sinuses. bahahahaha We have been laughing for days.
Anywho. That's what Naches is like. It's great.
We have our Christmas conference this week, so I'm pretty happy about that! I'll be sure to tell you all about it!
Love you all!! Until next week!
Smithy
![]() |
| me and their son Sven...he is the cutest kid ever. He only would let me hold him that night, not even his mom. hahaha |
![]() |
| after dinner with a member family, we taught the kids about the armor of God...and so we dressed them up in Christmas armor. it was so fun!! |
![]() |
| Me and Sis Pratt at the chili cookoff |
![]() |
| Christmas at the Prests |




No comments:
Post a Comment