Well my friends...this is my last week as a full time missionary. I can't even believe it. Sorry I couldn't email you yesterday, the library was closed, the computers weren't working in the family history center, and our morning was taken up with a zone breakfast. So we had permission to email today instead. :)
I went on exchanges up in Basin City again with Hermana Foster...we had a blast. I love teaching with experienced missionaries. We had a few stellar lessons with her investigators, and I just soaked it all up. :) We also had some good talks about life and the mission...we've noticed that our job as the first missionaries after the age change is to lay the ground work for the Hastening. We've been trainers/leaders our ENTIRE missions, and we do all the hard work of getting members ready, training wards, training missionaries, and finding the people that will need to be taught. It was just kind of cool to see what our role was in this great work. We don't really get to be part of the huge harvest, but without a solid foundation, the work wouldn't really be able to go anywhere. Anywho. Just a cool thought.
What else...we taught J again, and it was AWESOME! She is so cool. She told us she just knows that it's all true, and she said that on Sunday when she went to work, she noticed that for the first time in a long time, her outfit of choice was modest. She said that day she felt so confident and didn't even know where it came from. She said she's been watching herself change right before her eyes. Augh! I love the gospel. :) She won't be getting baptized this Saturday due to Word of Wisdom things, but hopefully next week instead.
This next week is going to be PACKED. We are so stinkin busy, and I am so grateful for it. I just want to carpe the heck out of diem and finish strong!! Thanks for all the love and support!! You guys are awesome! :)
Con amor,
Sister Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment