Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
Good heavens. What a week. Sis Karony went home Tuesday night, and I received Sis Hunt as my new (and last) companion!! And oh my gosh....she is EXACTLY who I needed to have for my last transfer of the mission. She is such a hard worker and is just a solid missionary. She actually came out with Sis Karony, so she's still pretty new, but I love serving with her so far. The day that she got here we started seeing miracles like CRAZY!!
My favorite one that happened this week is as follows: You remember the kid Guillermo who wants to take the lessons and get baptized, but his mom (whose name is Sayra) was super against it? Like we had shown up to their house a couple times, and each time his mom was SUPER short with us. (i.e. "you know we're Catholic, right? Yeah. Please respect that." stuff like that)
Okay. So the day after Sis Hunt got here, we were invited to a baby shower of a lady in the Spanish ward who I've gotten to know pretty well. So we decided to just stop by and say congrats and then leave, right? Welllllllll we show up, and this lady compliments me on my skirt and asked me where I got it. I told her that we're missionaries and my mom had actually made it and sent it to me. (It was the white lace one, mom) She was just so impressed and wanted me to tell my mom that she had a new client. haha so she started talking with us and asking about our missions and just being all best buddies and stuff. We asked her what her name was.....her name was Sayra. IT WAS GUILLERMO'S MOM. I was like "Oh! Have I met you before??" She like looked at my name tag, knew we were the missionaries, and didn't remember us at ALL. You best believe we stayed at that baby shower talking it up with this lady. She was like attached to us the whole time...and then gave us her phone number and address and told us to come see her this week!!!!! WHAT?!?! WHAAAAAAT?!?!?!? Oh my gosh. The things Heavenly Father can do. And all because my mom is boss sauce at sewing. (for real mom, she might call you up one day and ask to buy a skirt from you haha ) So we are pumped out of our minds to go talk to her again. Please keep praying for them!!
Also another cool thing, there is a kid who was baptized a couple years ago and then went completely inactive that we have been working with...he has been coming to church for the past month and on Sunday had his interview with the Bishop to go on a mission!! YAY!
Augh. Things are good. The work is picking back up. I'm a happy missionary.
Can't wait to talk to you all on Sunday!!
Con amor,
Sister Smith
PICTURES:
Sister Hunt and I with most of the Risenmay kids...their second oldest daughter is Miss Othello, and we are sitting in her princess carriage that she rode in for a parade the next day :)

No comments:
Post a Comment