Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 47 Hermiston, OR


Hola!!

This week was pretty good! We got a ridiculous amount of gifts on Valentine's Day...apparently the secret to having an awesome V Day is be on a mission. Everybody and their dog wants to be your Valentine. hahaha :)

The day before Valentine's Day was Zone Conference! And it was great. Got to listen to Pres and Sister Greer and the AP's and stuffs...met a lot of people, learned cool stuff, etc etc. Yay Zone Conference.

On Friday Sis Hovorka and I taught two seminary classes about missionary work, and that was really fun! Now we have all the seminary teachers asking us to teach their classes too haha...we probably shouldn't have been so good at it ;) jokes.

Sister Hovorka and I had some really cool experiences with our investigators. I guess the main thing I wanted to tell you about is the Jensen family we are teaching. The father is less-active, and the mom and kids aren't members. They are a really strong family who care about each other a lot and we already have a really great bond with them. This was also a cool thing for me to show me that this is where I need to be at this time, since our ward mission leader and every member we talk to about them are really surprised that the Jensens are letting us teach them. Apparently they've been pretty tough, but we haven't had any problems with them so far!

So last week we watched the Testaments with them and then the next lesson we read 3 Nephi 11 with the family. We gave them all Book of Mormons and read the verses family style (everybody taking a verse) and stopped every few verses to talk about it. The Spirit was really strong and the entire family was participating and asking questions and commenting. This is a big deal for their family to be doing. Anywho, we just love them to death and hope they will start making commitments soon!!

Oh also transfer calls are this weekend, so we'll see what happens there! Most likely we'll both be staying here, but I guess you never know.

Welp I just love you all! Tell those silly Basses I say hi!


Sister Ashley Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment