Monday, April 1, 2013
Day 89 Hermiston, OR
HAPPY EASTER AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!! (hope you got my sweet postcard)
Good gravy. So much to tell you again.
1. MILES AND WHITNEY JENSEN GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!! whoop whoop!! gah it was so great. their dad got to baptize them and it was just awesome. when he got down into the water with his daughter he just stood there crying for a minute before he could say the prayer. sometimes the pay on the mission is pretty dang good. :)
2. so last P-day we had a zone competition...kind of like the gallon challenge where you have to drink a gallon of milk in a certain time without puking. but this time it was two bananas and a liter of Sprite. hahaha this is what happens when you're surrounded by a bunch of boys just out of high school. fun times.
3. Ummm yesterday for Easter Sister Hovorka and I had to speak in church...whee. haha we had Easter dinner with a family in the ward and then taught the Baros family. I'm glad to hear Debbie called you!! She is so great. We love that family to death.
4.This week we got to go to the temple!! We went to the Columbia River temple...which is SUPER small. It was so nice to go and just relax and feel the Spirit. We went to Costa Vida afterwards since a member owns it...so missionaries get 75% off. WOOOO!!
5. So at district meetings we role play a lot to help us practice teaching investigators and answering difficult questions. So we pretend to be one of our investigators or just make up a name. haha so we were doing it with one of our zone leaders and I asked him what his name was...and he said Charles DeMar. hahahaha I almost died. we've been quoting that movie ever since. Good stuff.
6. We had dinner with one of our ward missionaries the other night...and she has a dog that looks EXACTLY like Bella. Goodness I miss her sometimes.
7. It has been BEAUTIFUL weather lately!! We've started running down to a reservoir about a mile away every day and it's been so nice. Love being outside.
Anywho...I hope you guys had a fantastic Easter!! Did you go decorate cookies with Grandma and everything? I hope you ate extra frosting for me. :)
LOVE YOU!
Ash
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment