Hola family and all you peeps!!
I has lots of things to say!
1. Transfer calls came yesterday. I am staying in Hermiston....AND TRAINING! GAH!! haha no clue what my greenie's name is or anything, but we'll be picking her up Wednesday morning. Sis Hovorka is going to Goldendale. I'll miss that girl for sure! She cracks me up. (Ha the other day someone asked her if she knew what vowels were, and she was like "umm...yeah...A E I or U?" hahah) I'm super nervous. I just got done being trained haha.. but this most likely means I'll be in this area for three more months. Crazy!
2. Sister Jensen got baptized on Saturday! It was a smaller baptism, which she asked for, and it went really well. We're so excited for their family! Now we just need to work on getting them to the temple in a year! whoop whoop!
3. I fulfilled my lifelong bucketlist item of chasing and catching a chicken. Hoorah.
4. General Conference was AWESOME. We watched the first three sessions at the church and the last session at a member's house...and she made us a FEAST. See picture. (Complete with cinnamon rolls, to my happiness. Wouldn't be GC without em!) I felt like there was this theme of "how to proceed in troubling times" and how to find personal peace and stay strong in a world of darkness. Almost sounds like something big is on it's way...that's how me and my comp felt at least.
Some highlights for me from conference:
- Pres Packer's incredibly powerful testimony
- L Tom Perry's SMACKDOWN about obedience to God's law.. I loved how incredibly bold he was about things and talked about how there are moral absolutes and that sin will ALWAYS be sin
- Jeffrey R Holland's (of course) about faith...how in moments of doubt or fear, hold that ground you have already won, no matter how small that ground may be.
- Pres Uchtdorf's about light in darkness...i liked that he talked about how when we draw nearer to God He will draw nearer to us...and therefore the darkness WILL fade because it cannot exist in the presence of light
- D Todd Christofferson's about redemption...how the atonement not only covers our debt to justice, but the debt justice owes to US. It covers it by healing and making right the unfair things in this life. Super cool stuff.
Anywho. Hope all is going well. I LOVE Amanda's pictures!! She'll be such a cute missionary.
LOVE YOU ALL!! Until next week!
Sis Ashley Smith
| Chicken I caught |
| Easter Feast |
| Great Baptism Day |
No comments:
Post a Comment