Monday, May 6, 2013
Day 124 Hermiston, OR flip
hey there!
Gah I loved all the pictures of the cookie decorating...I definitely missed having that tradition this year. Sigh. I hope you ate extra cookies for me.
This week flew by...jam packed full of things.
We went on exchanges with the sisters in Kennewick...so I went up there to be with Sister Wilson for a day. And I won't even lie...I hate it there. We had a good day and taught a lot and Sis Wilson is nice, but the atmosphere in Kennewick is SO different from Hermiston. I've gotten used to the tiny farm town poor people scene, and it was hard to be in the city for a day haha :) Never thought I'd say that. I was homesick for Hermiston all day. The Blackburns have been amazing and have pretty much adopted us into the family. We're so dang spoiled here.
What else...oh we dropped Chris this week since he doesn't want to change and all sorts of stuff...super irritating, but not surprising. So we're out to find another main investigator. We have a good chunk of people we're teaching but he was the farthest along. So hopefully we can find someone else who is ready for the gospel!!
We did a lot of service this week. We planted flowers for one of our investigators and then on Saturday we helped some less active members hang up pictures in their living room and decorated it and stuffs. It was great...and we got to wear JEANS so I was super selfishly happy. :)
Also something random: you know how terrified I am of wasps...there is a HUGE wasp nest inside the MAILBOX. Dumb dumb dumb dumb. You have no idea how torturous that has been. So pretty much I open up the lid real quick and run for my life and then have my brave companion get the mail while they all fly out. *shudder* Feel sorry for me.
So along with the new member lessons, we've been reading the BoM with the Jensens. It's awesome because instead of reading it in order (they are doing that on their own time) we are just going through the classic book of mormon stories that every primary kid knows. Nephi n Laban, 2000 stripling warriors, Abinadi, etc etc. They LOVE it and it helps them feel better when they go to church so they know the stories that everyone references. It's been fun.
Welp, that's all I got. Hope all is well, enjoy dat sunshine, and I'll talk to you on SUNDAY!!!! *fist pump*
love you all!
Sis Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment