Halloooo!
You guys. This week has been AWESOME. Seriously. All of our hard work is FINALLY starting to pay off!! *fist pump*
I saw good ol Sam Metz this week...he is comps with my old zone leader and they came back to hermiston earlier this week for a baptism. So I got to say goodbye to the kid...he goes home in like 3 weeks! Crazy! Everybody is getting home now...super weird.
We've been getting a crapton of referrals from the ward lately, so that's been awesome. We have been going through the ward directory name by name looking for part member families and people to teach, and it's been working really well. We started teaching this awesome lady named Clarece this week. She's Native American and has no Christian background, so that's a first for me. But we just had our second lesson with her today and it went really well. She genuinely wants to know what is true and has tons of awesome questions. We're super excited about her!
We also met this guy Jose who has been taught by missionaries in the past and just moved back to town this week...he wants the lessons again and said he's ready to try committing and stuff. So we'll be meeting with him next week. We'll see how that one goes.
We've been doing a lot of service lately...and I have never enjoyed weeding so much in my life. (Pick your jaw up off the floor, mom.) haha so much of our time and work is so mentally and emotionally and spiritually draining...so when we get to do mindless zombie work like attacking dirt with a shovel...it's a beautiful thing. It's SO nice. And we get to wear JEANS.
Speaking of which, the Baros family invited us to come help set up Corey's graduation party on Saturday (so we could wear jeans and do service haha) so we got to go hang out with them for a little bit and eat food and wear jeans. Jeans jeans jeans. We met Kourtney's family at the party and they are suuuuper nice! I really like them a lot. (she's the one dating Corey)
Anywho. I don't even know. We are just on fire. We're leading the zone in how many lessons we're teaching and feel like things are finally starting to pick up again. Hooray!!
I finished reading Jesus the Christ this past week. I've read through it once before, but this was the first time I actually got to spend real time on it. It's amazing. I don't have much time, but I'll have to share some insights I got from it next week. Remind me.
One sad thing that happened this week...remember Joycelyn, my first baptism? Her dad died in a car wreck on Friday, and their family is really struggling. Please keep them in your prayers.
Also, can we talk about how crazy it is that Amanda is leaving next week for her mission?! Holy poop. I am so stoked for her. Send me her email address and MTC address and all that jazz asap. GAH. She'll be great. I tell everyone out here how my little sister is going to be 10 times the missionary I am. She'll kill it out there in the Philippines. Give her a GIANT hug for me...I'm almost tearing up just thinking about the fact I won't be able to talk to her for a year and a half. :\ Thank goodness for email.
Welp, love you guys!! Keep on keepin on!
***Shoutout to Jenny Baros, who apparently stalks my blog and takes sweet pictures of us when we wear jeans and almost makes me puke on the spinny thing at the playground. ....and forces me to sing the dang cup song in front of the whole family. Ohana, my eye. hahaha :) Love you!!
Sister Ashley the Cupcake Monger Smith
(Yes Amanda, that one was for you. Luh yew.)
No comments:
Post a Comment