Hello my friends!!
Transfer calls came this week...and I'm headed to Yakima!!! WHICH MEANS I'M STAYING IN THIS MISSION!!!!! So happy. So. Happy. But lots of changes are headed my way: They're putting me in a tri-panionship with Sister Farnes (I'll be greenie-busting her; she came out with Sis Harris) and training a new missionary AGAIN. Plus we'll be covering two wards. And I've only covered one so far. So I'm a little nervous for all these new things to get used to, but it'll be full of adventures! I'm way sad to leave Herm-town. I've gotten so close to a lot of people here and we get spoiled here like nobody's business. But I'm excited to see new things and meet new people as well.
Ari's mission is affected by the change, btw. We're picking up about 60 missionaries from the Spokane mission on July 1st and picking up 4 stakes from their mission. We met the AP from Spokane this last week and I asked him about Ari...he said he knew her and was all confused on how we were cousins since "she's brown!" hahaha :)
We had one last specialized training from the Greers this week about the mission change and stuffs. They head home way soon so this was the last time we'll hear from em! I'm way excited for the new mission president...again, it'll probably be a LOT of changes and things to get used to, but I'm ready. BRING IT ON.
We played a prank on our zone leaders on friday haha...their investigator Tori lives with us now...so while they were inside teaching her, we saran wrapped their car, and then climbed onto the roof of the house so we could watch their reactions and take pictures. Tori was in on it and could see outside so she just kept asking them questions until we were done haha :) good stuff. We're having a BBQ with the zone at our place today to say goodbye and all that jazz.
I tried Voodoo Donuts for the first time!! The Baros' brought us some back from when they went to the coast. Way good. I'mma miss them.
We went tracting in a trailer park earlier this week...so that made for some fun encounters. We met this meth head who tried to bible bash with us and his scriptures didn't even make any sense. So we just bore our testimonies and rushed to our next "appointment". But his mother in law who lived like 3 trailers down asked if we could help her wash her RV....so on Saturday we went back with some Elders to help. When we got there, there was this nice old lady to greet us. Turns out it was a dude. His name was Chuck. And he creepily sat there and watched us work the entire time. And also hit on the Elders. hahaha :) good times, good times.
I see Amanda already told you this, but this Sunday is the World Wide Broadcast!! Pres Monson is speaking, and it's mandatory for all missionaries and church leadership. The topic? MISSIONARY WORK. What up. We are so dang excited. Ha me and some Elders came up with a list of conspiracy theories of what he'll talk about...such as
-2 yr missions for sisters
-1 1/2 missions for elders
-they're bringing back polygamy
-they're opening china
-he's challenging the pope to a duel
.....and so on and so forth. funny funny. hardy har har.
anywho. life is great, hopefully I don't break down from all these changes headed my way. But change is good. :)
Luh yew!! Tell Moo a letter is headed her way.
Sister Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment