Hallo friends.
Welp...I'm in Yakima. And it's different. Real different.
I'm with Sister Farnes from Joseph City, AZ (the one I'm greenie-busting) and Sister Love from Orem, UT (my greenie). We're covering the Yakima 4th and 5th wards. Pretty big area....and lots of work to be done. I miss Hermy-town though. Boy, I miss it. Like, real bad. People are so much nicer there and everyone is so chill. I'm sure I'll find people here that I connect with as well...but it's not an instant click here. Sigh. My comps are the same way. I had an instant click with Sis Love, but Sis Farnes will take some more work. And that's all I'll say.
Ha so one funny story from last week....I think I told you guys (maybe) that Sister Harris had this paranoid idea that I was going to choke her when she was saying her nightly prayers and the lights are off...so we joked about it all the time. So a few nights before we got transferred, she turned around and said her usual "don't choke me, okay?" and I said "okay" and then when she got all quiet...I chucked my pillow across the room at her. And she let out the most bloodcurdling scream. And I almost peed my pants laughing. But the next night she got me good....I was laying there in bed, just thinkin away to myself...and I open up my eyes...AND THERE IS THIS DEVIL CLOWN RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE. hahahaha she had found this clown mask in the storage room and snuck up right in front of me and i almost had some choice words come out of my mouth with that one. I miss her.
Speaking of clowns...Jenny Brown definitely made us take a picture with Ronald McDonald at the library last week. Two things I hate. Clowns and McDonalds. Barfedy barf barf.
Um so can we talk about how AWESOME the broadcast was?!? And how we can now use the internet? What??! But mostly I am PUMPED to get member missionary work going in this area. That was our focus in Hermiston too, so this is right up my alley. Sister Farnes only wants to go tracting...so it's been a little bit of a struggle trying to help change her focus to what the prophets and apostles want us to do...but hopefully things work out. But you guys. Sweet broadcast. I didn't see Amanda in the video...lame.
Our zone here is SWEET. Oh my goodness I think that's what I'm happiest about out here...that and how much work there is to be done. It's great to be busy.
Welp, I'm out of time. These computers are slower than all get out.
Love you all
Ash
No comments:
Post a Comment