Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 188 Yakima, WA yellow

AIIEE I hate these computers. So dang slow.

So I've officially been out for 6 months now...CRAZY! I can't believe it's already July.

-We met Pres and Sister Ware this week!! They are from Draper and are SUPER nice. They are so terrified about being here but seem pretty cool and excited to work. They're pretty different from the Greers, a bit more somber, but I like em. We weren't able to go on exchanges with Sister Ware after all since they had to take care of a sick missionary in Kennewick that night.

-I did get to go on exchanges with Hermana Jones this week though on the 4th of July! And it was a BLAST. Oh my gosh, I needed it so bad. She is super cool and is the same kind of missionary as me. It was fun being an hermana for a day. It was sweet cause I could totally understand what was going on in lessons and could pick up what people were saying...I just couldn't speak it haha :) but luckily the people we taught understand english so i was able to help teach and bear my testimony and all that jazz. I had so much fun working with Hermana Jones. We had a big BBQ at a member's house and they made carne asada and homemade tortillas and all that good stuff. Happy Ashley.

- As far as 4th of July went...we worked all day, and we all had to be in by 7pm for curfew. But when I got home from exchanges we hung out with the Blacks and watched them set off fireworks and had a bonfire and stuffs. And then went to bed by 10:30. The life of a missionary. haha :)

-GREAT NEWS!!! Our investigator Jairo put himself on date to be baptized on July 20th!! Oh my gosh. So great. Last lesson we had with him i felt prompted to commit him to pray about a baptismal date since every time we had talked to him about baptism he says he isn't ready. So this last time we saw him, he said he had his answer. He was on his knees praying the other night and opened up his scriptures to a random page. He happened to open up to 3 Nephi 27...which is when Christ Himself is teaching about the Atonement and the Doctrine of Christ. Jairo said that was when he knew the church was true and that he needed to be baptized. :) :) Good stuff. So keep him in your prayers!!

- Quote of the week: "Often the answer to our prayer does not come while we're on our knees but while we're on our feet serving the Lord and those around us...By becoming the answer to someone's prayer, we often find the answer to our own"

Also note to anyone reading this: There are now 2 Ashley Smiths in the mission...so on all mail from now on please put Elizabeth Ashley Smith so there won't be too much confusion. Thanks a bunch! Send mail! :)

LOVE YOU ALL!

Hermana-for-a-day Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment