Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 246 Yakima, WA. pregnancy

Hellooo my friends!!

Today is my 8 month mark!!! You know what that means?? 9 months left, as much as one pregnancy, and I'll be back home! Craziness!!!

This week went by pretty slow for us...but when we totaled up our numbers yesterday we actually had a pretty successful week! Hoorah.

We had interviews with Pres Ware this week, which was great. Remember how I told you that he owed us chocolate chip cookies after scaring us to death with us accidental butt dial the night of transfer calls? Yeah. HE BROUGHT US COOKIES. haha coolest mission president ever. I love him and his wife to pieces.

Oh my gosh during the training that we had with them before the interviews started, we had a crazy dude barge in. We were in the RS room in the church, and we hear this guy yelling "Hello? Hello?" somewhere off in the gym. He got closer and turned the corner and out comes this mangy dude with a beard to rival Lorenzo Snow's and a stack of papers in his hand. The AP's rushed right on out to go talk to him so the training could continue. Anywho, turns out this guy believes that he's the new Christ and that Jesus had a son of perdition and it was Joseph Smith which means he's the devil and all sorts of stuff that didn't make any sense. And he had a whole stack of papers full of all his "revelations". haha finally he got frustrated with the AP's and left. That's the best you can do to interrupt our awesome training, Satan? Really? The Church is TRUE! What up.

So we visited this super old lady this week...which most of you know how I feel about old people...but she was actually super cool!! She was a WWII nurse and was telling us sweet war stories. And then she whips out this tarnished teapot and hands it to us...and I look on the side and it has the initials A. H. and a swastika on it. I was like um...does this stand for what I think it does? And she was like oh yeah that was in Adolf Hitler's house and she got a hold of it somehow. I just sat there holding this piece of history in my hands and trying not to let my jaw hit the floor. So sweet.

We had exchanges this week which meant I got to serve with Sister LaRue! I love her to death. She was so much fun to work with. She goes home in November so she know exactly what she's doing which was a nice change. We met this guy from France named Rashid on the street and talked to him for a while, and he knows nothing about Christ. He asked us if he could have a BoM and of course we said yes. We're getting him one in French too and we're gonna go see him this week! Whoop whoop.

We also met with Dawn again last night and FINALLY got to sit down and teach her the Restoration!!  And it went REALLY well. The Spirit was so strong the whole time. Her friend Annette from Spokane was there too and they were both just crying. Dawn said she knew that we were sent to her for a reason and that she feels like this might be the guidance she has been looking for. Annette told us that she had met Elders in Spokane just last week and they have come to see her a few times now. It was a super good lesson.

Welp, gotta go. Time's up. But I love you all and can't wait to hear back from ya!

Sister Smaisley Smith

doing service (periwinkle paint? really?)

Shakes from Major's restaurant

I think I've about worked my poor greenie to death. ;)

1 comment:

  1. favorite statement in this letter...
    "That's the best you can do to interrupt our awesome training, Satan? Really? The Church is TRUE! What up" She makes me smile. I had to read that outloud to the family...we all got a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete