Ummm first off, what the rain?! That's nuts it's been pouring like that in Utah!! Those pictures are crazy! And that picture of Amanda and Christian in the Philippines is PRICELESS. I'm so jealous of those two.
Okay.
People of my life. Can I just say how AWESOME this week was?? SO AWESOME.
Let's start at the very beginning. (A very good place to start.)
Last P day we went to this place called Ron's Tacos (which definitely sounds like a sweaty armpit place, but whatevs.) and we got ice cream cones...and I got one as big as my face. You know me...ice cream is my second favorite thing as a missionary, right after baptisms. See the attached picture. :)
Also we had a Doctrine of Christ training for the greenies in Kennewick on Wednesday....it's my fourth one so far haha. It was super good! I got to see Sister Harris yet AGAIN and catch up with that girl. And afterwards we went to eat at Costa Vida because they give missionaries 70% off...gah. Tasted like home. We were so happy. I'm pretty sure one of the elders shed a man tear over his smothered sweet pork burrito. Pure joy, right there.
Okay. But that isn't why our week was so good. We had some AWESOME miracles with investigators!!
First was Dawn. We met up with her this week and asked if she had read the chapter in the Book of Mormon that we asked her to read last time, and she said no. So of course, we read it with her. It was Alma 32...and we only got through 4 verses of it (starting on 21) because she got so many insights from it. It was her first time reading from the Book of Mormon. At the end of the lesson, she said "I'm so glad you guys read this with me today...I really like it. I'm learning a lot." And then she paused...and we just waited for her to talk again. And then she said "It's like taking a bite of really delicious fruit. And I just want to take another bite. I want more." WOOOO!!! The Spirit was so strong!! I think she's finally going to start progressing and keeping commitments. She's awesome.
Then our friend Hunter got baptized on Saturday. He's a friend of a girl in the 5th ward where I served last transfer...so I knew him pretty well. Sis Gamble and I had been praying really hard all week that we would be able to find an investigator to bring to his baptism. We had a lady named Tammy who said on Friday that she would come!! So Saturday came, and 30 minutes before the baptism we stopped by her house....and she wasn't home. But did Sis Gamble and I lose heart? NO WAY JOSE! We started calling some of our other investigators to see if they were coming. Richard and Nora called us back...and decided to come 15 minutes before it started!! And that, my friends, is why you don't lose faith. They came to the baptism and Richard LOVED it. Nora...not so much. She still refuses to read the BoM and stuffs, and so is just set in her ways. but Richard really felt the Spirit and kept asking questions. We were so grateful that the Lord provided us with someone to bring!
Okay. And THEN on that same day, we met with this couple named Dave and Julie. Dave isn't a member of the church, and we hadn't met Julie before so we decided to just go meet them and feel it out. They were SUPER nice. When we asked Dave if he went to a church, he said that religion was kind of a "gray area" for him right now. He used to be JW but left that church a while back. He told us that he was a "self proclaimed seeker of truth" and that he is just searching for truth, no matter what it is. He only learns about churches from their original sources so that he gets the right information.
He said he will do whatever that truth tells him to do, even if he doesn't like it. (Can you say real intent?!) And he accepted to take the missionary lessons!! They're feeding us dinner tonight and we'll teach him the first lesson!
Sunday was stake conference...and it was a broadcast from Salt Lake. We got to hear from Elder Nash, L Tom Perry, and Robert D Hales. It was pretty dang good!
Haha have I told you guys how Jairo goes to SIX hours of church?? He lives in the 4th ward boundaries, so he goes to those 3 hours in the morning, but he likes the 5th ward better since he knows people there, so he goes to that one in the afternoon. So he was all bummed out that church was only 2 hours this Sunday. haha he's the coolest.
This area is on fire!! I'm so glad to be busy and working hard and enjoying life. ....even though I had to miss Payson Onion Days. Sigh. haha :)
Miss and love you all!!
Ashley
![]() |
| haha me and my comp DOWNED it |

No comments:
Post a Comment