Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 267 Yakima, WA makeup for hours

Okay seriously, that video of Alex was the funniest thing EVER. hahahaha "wiggly....STRAIGHT!!" i watched it with sister gamble and we've been quoting it ever since. I about died laughing.

(We sent Ashley a video that we recorded between her brother Alex and sister Meagan. They both had just gotten their wisdom teeth out on the same day - so that's where the title of this post came from and what she is referring to at the beginning of this letter)

Also...I heard all about the BYU game this last weekend. I don't wanna talk about it. haha

Transfer calls came this week, and Sis Gamble and I are staying put! I'm glad, I want to see some of these investigators progress some more :) and I LOOOVE living with the Olanders. (Mom I didn't even know she wrote you!! That's awesome. She is the nicest lady on earth.)

Speaking of investigators, we taught David again last Monday, this time about the plan of salvation. We brought a member with us, and it went SO WELL!!!! David really picks things apart and is extremely logical about things. But about halfway through the lesson, he stopped analyzing everything and you could tell he just was feeling the Spirit. His whole countenance completely changed. It was so awesome. I haven't seen that light in someone's eyes for a while, and it was so nice to know we were doing our job right. We were on cloud nine.

Richard and Nora invited us over this week and made us homemade tacos and enchiladas!! My goodness. Homemade mexican food is the bomb. It was cool though cause Nora kept telling us how she wishes we could meet her family so they could see what Mormons are really like and that we're super nice people!! So that was nice to hear :)

haha funny little kid quote of the week...it's actually from that same 3 yr old kid George I told you about last week...we did a church tour with a family from our ward, and afterwards the mom was asking the kids questions about what they learned. So she turned to him and asked "Okay George, what food do we eat in sacrament meeting to remember Jesus' body?" and George looks up at her and goes, "....broccoli?" hahaha we lost it. Out of the mouths of babes.

This Sunday was Invitation Sunday. Its basically a special sacrament meeting where all the talks are simple basic truths (book of mormon, restoration, plan of salvation, gospel of jesus christ, etc) and everyone is supposed to invite a friend to church that day. We had a good number of nonmembers there!! ha my favorite was this little old guy who walked in wearing an "I <3 Jesus" hat. What a champ.

Anywho. Things are going great! I'm excited to have another 6 weeks here and to keep servin! Love and miss you all!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment