Hi there! Another week another email!
It's definitely starting to get cold round these parts!! Had to break
out the cardigans and scarves and such...not looking forward to
walking around in the snow. But hey, it's the mission experience,
right? Right. We have the car on set days of the week now so that
helps a lot with appointments and the members are pretty awesome about
helping us out with rides, so we can't complain.
Transfers were this week so we got a bunch of new blood in the zone!
We had a zone breakfast on Thursday and got to know everyone. Should
be a good transfer. :)
This week we are weeding through all of our investigators and dropping
people that aren't progressing like crazy. It's always slightly
nervewracking doing that...definitely an act of faith. But the Lord
ALWAYS drops new people in our path when we do it so it all works out!
For instance...
We found a new family to teach last night! The parents were baptized
about 5 years ago but went inactive, and none of their kids have been
baptized. They seem pretty cool and we're excited to start teaching
them!
Um okay. The Relief Society Broadcast was super good. I loved loved
looooooved what what'sherface said about the Provo Tabernacle and how
it compares to us. Sometimes we have to go through fire before we can
be made into a temple. I definitely have seen that on my mission. I've
been through some fire and through a lot of stretching...but it has
made me so much stronger and a better person for it.
Also the song "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go" has become one of my
favorite hymns. It has kind of become the theme song for my mission.
"There's surely somewhere a lowly place in earth's harvest fields so
wide, Where I may labor through life's short day for Jesus the
Crucified....There may be now in the paths of sin some wand'rer whom I
should seek...So trusting my all to Thy tender care, and knowing Thou
lovest me, I'll do Thy will with a heart sincere, I'll be what You
want me to be" Gah. Love it.
Something cool I've been doing for the past few months...a missionary
out here said in a zone conference that we should ask ourselves each
night: "Through what I went through today, what did I learn about
Christ?" I've been trying to ask myself that every night...and it's
really cool to see how every single experience, thought, feeling,
person I talk to, etc. is building my relationship with my Savior and
helping me to understand the gospel and the Atonement better.
So I have some super awesome news for ya'll....we got a voicemail from
Pres Ware this week telling us that on Oct 26th our mission will be
having a training meeting in Kennewick given by an APOSTLE!!!! Bringin
in the big guns!!!! We don't know which one yet (we probably won't
find out until a few days before) but I am so dang excited!!! Sister
Gamble and I were jumping around the house we were so stoked. :) So
I'll keep ya posted on those details. :)
Anywho. Not much to tell this week. But I'm so pumped for General
Conference!!! AUGH! Can't believe it's already been a year since they
announced the age. SO much has happened since then. Crazy.
Love you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment