Hello Familia!!
Gah, it's been so long. A week and half without a P Day is exhausting.
But we got to go to the temple today so it was SO worth it!!!! GAH.
Loved it. Okay. this is going to have to be another bullet point email
since I have a lot to cover over a week and a half:
-We found out which apostle is coming....M RUSSELL BALLARD!!! We are
so stoked!! He's coming on the 26th and I can hardly wait :)
-Super funny story from last P Day: we were at the church hanging out
and doing normal stuffs, when my district leader's new investigator
showed up at the church. he took them out into the hall and talked to
them for a while. turns out...he was trying to buy their urine from
them so he could pass a drug test at work. HAHAHAHA!!! only on a
mission.
-Ooh! In the Moses Lake zone they are now doing ZERO (you hear that?
zero) tracting! They are only working through members and service and
street contacting and things like that. How awesome is that?! So
awesome.
-I heard the BEST Harry Potter idea from Hannah Riley this week: when
a missionary is about to go home, you put a sock in their Preach My
Gospel and tell them "you're a free elf now, Dobby!"
HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! I seriously laughed for five minutes
when I read that in her letter. Oh my gosh. I've already made plans to
do that to some of my friends here. Can't wait.
-I went on exchanges with Sister LaRue this week in Moxie and Terrace
Heights...and it was sooo good. I absolutely love serving with her. We
had an incredible day. We taught this guy named Bill who watched the
priesthood session of General Conference, and he told us it was the
first time in his life that he felt "warm" when he heard someone talk
about God :) That's right, my friend. The Spirit's real.
-Cool experience this week: So last week I just felt like something
was missing and I couldn't figure out what it was. General Conference
didn't help, neither did P Day, and I just felt like...antsy. So the
next morning I woke up and was like "Sister Gamble", we're going to
find a new investigator today." She was like...ya okay Sister Smith.
haha :) All day NOTHING happened and it was pretty slow. But towards
the end of the night we stopped at a member's house to set some goals
with them (the same goal sheets we did in Hermiston) and right before
we walked out the door, the member mentioned how her neighbors had
gone to Utah once. We asked her if they would be cool with us stopping
by, and she was like yeah, they won't throw things at you or anything.
That was good enough for us. We walked down there, knocked on the
door....and they LET US RIGHT IN!!! And we had a way good talk with
them! They are SO cool. We're meeting with them again on Sunday. The
Lord works miracles, I tell you. :)
Anywho. Life is really good here. We have zone conference tomorrow
which I am STOKED for. I love missionary meetings. haha :)
Love you all!!
Pictures:
the one with the falcon is specially for you dad...this is the closest
I'll ever get to one of those things. still terrified. :)
the second one is our zone (well...minus three elders) at the temple
this morning!


No comments:
Post a Comment