Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 304 Yakima, WA Nbd.

Oy. What a week.

Saturday was the day that Elder Ballard came to visit our mission right? Yeah. So Friday evening, I got super sick. Like SUPER sick. Like the sickest I think I've been since junior high sick. Thank you Murphy's Law. I was so mad. and what made it worse is we kept getting all these texts and phone calls from people saying things like "Have SO much fun tomorrow, it's going to be the best!! blah blah!!" And I would just cover my face in my blanket and try not to cry. But I asked Bro Olander and another member of the ward to come and give me a priesthood blessing. So they did. And he blessed me to get better by the morning so I would be able to go and enjoy the day. It was super cool. Probably the most specific blessing I've ever gotten. So they left, and I settled in for a loooong night. I seriously slept for maybe an hour tops. BUT. The sickness went away by around midnight. The fever broke and everything. And by 5:50 am (which is when we had to start getting ready) I was ready to go. I wasn't 100% myself but I was healed!! AND I GOT TO GO LISTEN TO THE APOSTLE!!!!! MIRACLES. The priesthood is real, people.

And the conference was freaking AWESOME. Not only was Elder Ballard there, but so was Elder Richard G Maynes from the Presidency of the 70 (he spoke in conference about enduring to the end) and Elder Brad Risenmay, the area 70. We got to shake all their hands and meet them and stuffs. It was so good. It was mostly about working with members and going the extra mile and all that. My favorite thing was from Elder Maynes though...he said that Joseph Smith kneeling in the grove represents all investigators, and that God the Father and Jesus Christ were the first missionary companionship of this dispensation. He told us that we were walking in their footsteps. I had never thought of being a representative of Jesus Christ in that way before. It was super cool.

Elder Ballard was so humble and said some great stuff too!! Ha he was actually really funny...it's fun to hear their personalities when they aren't in conference, ya know? There was one thing he told us that we haven't stopped quoting since..."If your companion is driving you crazy, that's okay. Just don't go all the way crazy." hahahaha straight from the mouth of an Apostle!! It was a great conference though, and the Spirit was so strong. It seriously felt like we were in the temple when the apostle walked in. So glad I got to be there. Nbd. Jokes. BIG DEAL.

After the meeting we all went outside and took a pic with the ENTIRE mission and the general authorities outside the temple, which was sweet. We'll get a copy of that soon hopefully. We then went to another building and had pizza and had a giant reunion with everyone. It was the best. It was so much fun to catch up with everybody!! Gah. Looooved it.

Anywho. That was the exciting thing of the week. The only other thing worth mentioning is that we helped this lady in our ward do service since she is going in for back surgery...we made 34 freezer meals for her in like 3 hours. WHAT UP. Doin wark.

Transfer calls are comin up on Saturday, so stay tuned for those.

love you all!! have a great Halloween!! somebody watch Hocus Pocus for me. :) "amok amok amok!!"

Ashley

Me and Alison Brand (from my freshman ward)

My posterity!! Sis Gamble (daughter #3), Sis Bledsoe (granddaughter), Sis Love (daughter #2), Granny Smith, and Sis Harris (daughter #1)

haha i finally had the opportunity to use the free elf dobby thing! huzzah. :) 

Me and Sista Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment