So I thought this would be a short email this week...but the past few
days have been SO jam packed with goodness!!
First of all...its apple season here in Yak City. And I am so happy.
We get fresh-pressed apple cider on a regular basis. YUMMMM. Be
jealous. :)
Okay second thing...mom that story of Elder Holland loving the people
of Elk Ridge is AWESOME!!! hahaha I knew he was my favorite. :)
So Thursday we had zone conference with the Selah zone. And it was the
best one yet. It was all about working with members and new ways to
teach them and use the pamphlets and stuff. President Ware also gave
us a challenge to do something called a 40 day fast. Basically you
fast for a day and come up with a list of things that might be keeping
the Spirit from being your constant companion...anything that pokes at
your spirit. And then you fast from everything on that list for 40
days. So Sister Gamble and I decided to give it a try. We started on
Saturday (which means we'll end on Thanksgiving, how appropriate!) and
we have ALREADY seen miracles!!!! We also decided to sacrifice
something as a companionship for the rest of the transfer. Sacrifice
really DOES bring forth the blessings of heaven!!
Two miracles that happened since we started the fast on Saturday:
- There is this less active lady in our ward who hasn't been to church
in YEARS. She also got offended by missionaries like 10 years ago and
told the bishop she never wanted to see another missionary on her
doorstep again. Well...when we showed up 2 months ago she reluctantly
let us in, and we have formed a GREAT relationship with her. We would
always just show up, visit with her, share a thought, and leave. For
months. But Saturday night she really opened up about her husband and
daughter that had both died of cancer and weren't members. I asked her
if she wanted temple work done for them. She said she had never really
thought about it, but that she really wanted to. And she asked me if I
would do the baptism for her daughter. I was seriously so honored and
humbled that she would want me to do it. That's a big deal. And I told
her that...but I also told her that I think her daughter would want
her mom to do it. So Sister Gamble and I are going to do everything in
our power to help her find her testimony again so she can help her
family. :) Cool stuff.
-Sunday was a miracle all on it's own. Remember the couple we found
because I felt there was something missing? Grover and Louise? Yeah.
Louise totally came to church on Sunday for the Primary program since
her next door neighbor is the Primary President!! And she loved it!!!
SCORE. can't resist hilarious little kids singing their guts out and
waving to mom and picking their noses and yelling "I don't WANT to
sing I Am A Child of God, I want to sing Jingle Bells!!!!" hahahaha
love it. (AND we had 2 less active members show up who never ever
come, and our recent convert blessed the sacrament for the first time.
so good.)
Anyway, we went to Grover and Louise's house that afternoon to visit
with them for a bit...and at the end of the lesson we were like well
can we share a scripture with you? They said of course...and Sister
Gamble was flipping through her scriptures for one, and said "Okay
this one is in the Book of Mormon...do you know what the BoM is?" and
Grover said "No, I don't know much about it. I would actually really
like to read the Book of Mormon, but I don't have one." I think we
almost pulled a muscle, we grabbed one so fast for him. hahaha we read
the intro page and the Moroni 10:4 verse and everything! And I told
him that we could tell him more about the Book of Mormon and Joseph
Smith and prophets next time if he wanted. And he said he would like
that! HOORAHHHH!!!!!
so yeah. Only been two days and we're seeing oodles of miracles. Lovin
it. AND Elder Ballard is coming on Saturday. Stoked.
Well my friends, that's all I got. Love you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment