Hello familia!!
First off, that article about Amanda is AWESOME!!!! Except I about died laughing at the part where they decribe her "long willowy build and fine porcelain skin". Get it, girl. I'm so glad she's safe. Everyone out here (and I do mean everyone) has been emailing me and asking me about her. So she is in a lot of prayers. aaaaaand I'm still kind of jealous of all her adventures. Sigh.
This week has been a little interesting. I don't have much to say...The whole first part of the week was kind of a bust. We are pretty much going through our entire area book trying to find people to teach. We can't tract at night because it is suuuuuuper sketchy around here. Different sketchy than Yakima. I'll spare you the stories. Anywho.
We "blitzed" Naches on Friday with the elders from our district. (For those unfamiliar with mission lingo, that just means they all came to our area, we each picked a street, and went tracting for an hour or so. So we got through the whole town in like an hour. Fun stuff) Afterwards they came to our house for a district dinner. So we made breakfast (of course) and just chatted it up for a while. Until....
My comp Sister Pratt has had a really bad stomachache for the past couple months...and Friday night while the district was over, she threw up blood. Soooo the elders gave her a blessing, and then we took her to the ER. They didn't do much...just told her to rest and to come back if it kept happening. So Sunday after a few more episodes, we went BACK in. This time they decided it was probably an ulcer, and gave her some meds to try. We're going to hopefully get in with a GI specialist this week in Kennewick to get her checked out. She is in SO much pain. I feel so bad for her...and we're going crazy being cooped up in the house. We haven't been able to get out and work since that Friday night. Lucky for us, we get along super well and we find ways to keep ourselves entertained and laughing. (So far at least haha) The fam we live with also has Roku so we've been tearing up the Mormon Channel and watching everything they have to offer. Sigh. I miss working. We both do. Hopefully she gets better soon...she's a really good sport about it all though.
That's about it around here. Hopefully we'll be able to get things figured out soon. We have a general authority (Elder Kent Richards) coming to the mission on Wednesday to we'll get to go meet him...I'll tell ya about it next week.
Thanks for keeping me updated on Manda, and I'll talk to you soon!!
Love you all!!
Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment