Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 332 Naches, WA. Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Hello family!!

Oh my gosh that's SO awesome Suanne is going to be in MOTAB!!! Somebody tell her congratulations for me!!

I'm so glad President Ware called you guys. He has been so concerned and cares so much about you guys during this whole thing.

So this week we had a training from Elder Kent F Richards from the 2nd quorum of the 70....and it was AMAAAAZING. Seriously the best training I've had my whole mission. I would tell you all of the things I learned, but it would take WAY too much time...so I'm just attaching a couple pictures of a few pages of my notes. We got to go up and introduce ourselves and shake Elder and Sister Richards' hands and stuff...and when I shook his hand, President Ware leaned over and said, "This is THE Sister Ashley Smith, the one we told you about." and Elder Richards was like "We have been so looking forward to meeting you. I'm glad your sister is safe."  And I just looked at him with the deer in the headlights and was like "Yeah...me too." hahahaha So afterwards I asked President what that was all about, and turns out the Richards' son was the Navy Seal that rescued Amanda!! CRAZY!! My sister is famous! haha :)

Anywho. The training was incredible. They are changing the way that we teach. They cut out ALL analogies and stories and object lessons. They want us only to speak pure truth so the Spirit can testify of absolutely everything that we say. How cool is that?! We're really excited to start putting it into practice. We are going to focus a lot on church tours in Naches, so hopefully that yields some results.

What else....oh the Prests had a chili/cider press party at their house this week and invited all the neighbors, so we got to meet all of them and invited a few people to church! Pretty sweet. We're having another shindig in a couple weeks to fellowship some more people.

Well...I'm outta time. And my brain is completely fried. It's been a stressful week. But good. :)

Love you all!!

Ashley


Ashley is on the second row - where the sisters are sitting. She is the 3rd from the right in a grey shirt and mint skirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment