| Our district lunch |
Not too much to report on this week, sorry. I've been coughing my lungs out all week, due to the fact that this freezing fog won't go away...and we are walking around in it every single day. Gah. The air is SO cold and so wet and it just tears up your lungs. So I'm living on cough drops. I lost my voice for a few days, but it's finally starting to come back! *fist pump*
FIRST: We found these 3 new investigators this week who are SO AWESOME...and you will never guess where they are from!!! That's right. CEBU. And they all speak Cebuano. I about died right there on the spot. Two are actually from an island 30 minutes outside of Cebu called Negros. I have no clue how close that is to Amanda....but they have family that lives all around there. Sooooo I may just have a referral for her next week. HOW'S THAT FOR SISTER MISSIONARY UNITY?! :)
Pues.
We had a HUGE Spanish activity on Saturday for the Othello, Moses Lake, and Ephrata Stakes. It was dinner and a talent show, and they asked the missionaries to help participate. Some Elders did "You've Got A Friend In Me" (the Gipsy Kings version from Toy Story 3 haha), one did classical guitar (you'd be jealous, dad, it was awesome), a Poly Elder did the haka, all that stuff. And then our whole zone decided to do "Ye Elders of Israel" in Spanish. (It's the Lower Lights version, for those who know that song) Anyway, it sounded really cool in practice! And then we got on stage....yeah. Pretty sure we sang that song in like 4 different keys. hahahahaha it was SO bad. Plus there are more than a few tone deaf missionaries in our zone...we just laughed so hard through the whole thing. I'm sure it got a few facebook posts like "We're never letting the missionaries perform again. #myearsarebleeding" Oh well.
We have two investigators on date for February 8!! Deanna and Sammi (the mother and daughter) are working to prepare for that day, so keep them in your prayers por favor!
It was Hna Gifford's 21st birthday this week, which meant we got tons of cake from members. Which also means there goes my weight. Booooo. hahaha but it was a lot of fun! We went to lunch with our district and all that stuffs...and we went to walmart and found this photo booth kit for like $5. Best purchase ever. See the pics. :) (the girl that's with us in one of them is Keave, the one who always comes out with us)
Transfer calls are coming up AGAIN ALREADY!!! Gah. We're kinda worried Hna Gifford will leave because she's Spanish....I'm nervous. We get along SO well and I'm not sure I'm quite ready to train again just yet. But we'll see what happens! I'll keep you posted.
Something I've realized this week...I have been increasingly aware of the prayers of other people in our behalf. We have been SO tired and so sick and there are days where we are just stressed out of our minds with all of it. And then we kneel down and pray, and somehow we get this boost of energy that gets us through the rest of the day. So thank you all so much. You have no idea how much we have been needing it lately.
Pues, thanks for all the updates!! Love you all so much! Until next week :)
Sister Smith
FAMILY:
Tell Miquel and Danielle congrats!!! Their babies are beautiful!! Glad to hear everything went well :)
| some of the sisters at the temple |
No comments:
Post a Comment