Hello family!
Bad news...Hna Gifford is leaving me this week :( Sigh. She's going to be a sister training leader in Kennewick. She's just that awesome. I'm getting Sister Rasmussen...who is currently serving in my old ward in Yakima. I'll be greenie busting her.
It's been a stressful weekend...lots of things to do. And transfer calls freak me out big time.
We found this new investigator this week who is the most interesting awesome person I've ever met. Her name is Monica. She's from China, is a dentist, concert classical pianist, and has the most incredible stories I've ever heard. We just sat there in awe and listened to her haha :) She told us how when she was a kid she was looking through her parents' bookshelf and found a book stuffed in the back with gold on the edges of the pages. She started reading through it and her mom found her and told her to put it away and never tell anyone about it. She moved to the States with her family years later, and it was only like a year ago that she found out her parents were Catholic. Anywho. She's so cool.
We had an AWESOME lesson with Leila and Alfonso this week. Remember how I told you that Alfonso just isn't keeping commitments and won't read or pray? Kay. We just read out of the children's BoM about how we got the Book of Mormon. It talks about how before Joseph Smith prayed, Satan tried to stop him. At the end of the lesson, Leila asked us why he tried to stop him. We asked her what she thought. She said, "I think it's because Satan knew that the church was true, and he didn't want Joseph to get an answer. I think he didn't want him to pray, he just wanted him to try to figure it out on his own." We told her she was exactly right. It was EXACTLY what Alfonso needed to hear, and it came from his own daughter. It was awesome. Probably the best lesson we've had with them so far. Heavenly Father just handed it to us on a silver platter. Just a testimony that He knows His children and He will do His own work if we do our part.
Well I don't have much to say...it's only been a few days. Love you guys!!
sister smith
No comments:
Post a Comment