Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 416 Othello, Wa. tines, tines, tines, TINES!!!!

Hi people of my life. :)

This week was pretty rough as far as getting in to see people and numbers and stuff, but full of miracles. Oh my goodness.

First off, I have to tell you a funny story about my companion. The other night I was about to fall asleep (it's like 11:00pm) and all of a sudden she says "I just had a dream about mashed potatoes." And I was like...ummmmmmmmmmk. She goes, "It was horrible!! Somebody left a bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy on our front porch, and I was sad because I knew we couldn't go out to get it until morning. And that's just terrible!" Her voice was all quivery, and I said, "Sister Rasmussen....are you crying?!" and she said, "...only a little bit!!" HAHAHAHAHA oh my gosh. I about died laughing. She kills me.

Oh. I got my trunky call this week. (It's the call where they ask what airport you'll be flying into and all that stuff. Barf.) So June 3rd is my official day of coming home. Yikes. Moving on...

This week we got to go back to Yakima for a baptism!! I don't know if you remember me briefly mentioning a lady named Angie (I found her with the trio but only got to teach her a couple times)...anywho. Sister Rasmussen taught her the whole time she was in Yakima, and so we got to go see her! All of the sisters who taught her except one were there. It was awesome. She looks like a COMPLETELY different person, and is so much more self-assured now. I absolutely love how the gospel changes people.

Now here's the most awesome miracle this week!! PREPARE YOURSELVES. Remember Jessica and Alfonso? And how we had that awesome bold talk with them a few weeks ago? Okay. So the bishop challenged her last week to pray about moving up her marriage date from June 21st 2015 to June 21st of this year. So we went over and were talking to her, and she was telling us about it, and she just listed excuse after excuse of why she couldn't do it this year. (Mostly because getting married will cause them huge financial problems.) And then she said she knew she was getting an answer because she has been having dreams of getting married all week...and then made more excuses. We were like woah woah. What did you just say?! We talked a little more, and asked her if she believed that God could do anything. She said yeah, He can do everything. She then told us that she just didn't believe that He would do it for her. She didn't think she was worthy of such a miracle in her life..that she just didn't deserve it. She also said she was really struggling in school...and if God could move that big of a mountain in her life, why wasn't He helping her in the small things like studying? We just bore our testimonies of how she was a daughter of God, that He is aware of her, and that she DOES deserve this. (I'm reeeaaaallllyy paraphrasing here, since this story is already super long.) The Spirit was super strong and she just broke down crying. I'm getting to the main point, I promise. She has this huge exam this week that she has to pass if she wants to stay in the nursing program, so she asked if she could get a priesthood blessing. We called a guy in the ward who lives next door, and he said he'd come right over. Before he came, she said "I also have a confession to make...I had a cup of coffee this week." We were like JESSICAAAAA!!!! haha okay. So the guy came, and gave the most spiritual amazing blessing I have ever heard. He basically repeated the entire conversation we had just had in about 3 minutes. He almost repeated our testimony word for word. He told her that she deserved the blessings the Lord had in store for her, that she was of great worth to Him, that she was a daughter of God, all these things. And get this...he said that as she keeps the word of wisdom that she will be blessed in her schoolwork. It was like he had been sitting in on our whole conversation. He finished the blessing, and nobody said a word for a solid minute or so, the Spirit was so strong. (Alfonso was there too, and it's out of character for him to stay quiet like that). It was amazing. Jessica and Sister Rasmussen and I were all in tears. She drove us home that night, and as we got out of the car, I just said "Jess...you know what you've got to do." and she said "Yeah, I know." Long story short, she met with the bishop yesterday, and told us that she has committed to moving her wedding to this June so she can be baptized. :) :) :) This is huge!! The only thing now is to get Alfonso on board. He is really pushing back now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEEAAAASSSSEEEEEEE keep them in your prayers. They need it more than ever.

Sorry for the long story. I'm pretty dang excited about it, if you can't tell. I just love them so much!!

Talk to you next week :)

We got heart attacked on Valentine's Day :)

All the sisters with Angie at her baptism!!

Posterity picture: Sis Peatross (granddaughter), Sis Love (daughter), Me (momma)


No comments:

Post a Comment