I'm trying to get used to the greenie busting thing again. I won't lie, it is REALLY nice being with an experienced missionary. Teaching is such a breeze since you both know all the points, you don't have to worry about the other person. You just rely on the Spirit together and it's really fun. I forgot what it was like to have your companion just stare at you with the deer in the headlights look when it's their turn to talk. hahaha so we're working on that. Sister Rasmussen is from Ogden (more specifically Plain City), she's 20, more reserved than most of my companions, but I like her so far. She's a total nerd. Plays Dungeons and Dragons and the like. She cracks me up. It's just an adjustment from Hna Gifford...but then, transfers are always that way.
We had an AWESOME experience with Jessica and Alfonso the other night!! Oh my goodness. So they are planning on getting married next June because Jessica is going to nursing school and will lose her financial aid if she gets married....it's a really long story. Anyway, it's something that we've talked to the bishop about for a long time, because no one has really addressed that with her for like a year. We kept feeling like it was time to be bold with her and tell her she needs to trust the Lord and put Him first in her life, even before her career....we just didn't know when or how to do it. So the other night we were reading the BoM with her, and we came to 1 Nephi 3:7. We started talking about it, and Alfonso brought up the fact that they weren't married. LONG story short, the Spirit just started talking through us. I can't even remember most of what we said. All I know is it was the most bold I've ever been with an investigator. We told her that she needed to trust the Lord and show Him where her priorities truly lie. She committed to pray about moving up her marriage date, which is the most progress I've seen in her since I've been here!! It was so cool. I can't begin to describe it. I'll have to tell you all about it when I'm home one day. We weren't even planning on talking to them about it that night, but Heavenly Father knows what they need and when.
We just barely went to have a tour of Pres Allred's dairy. Aw yeah. That's about as exciting as it gets around here. It was actually pretty fun. Some elders drank milk straight from the cow and everything. Good times. I'll send pics.
That's it for this week!! Love you!
Sista Smith
| some sistas in the back of the tour van...hermanas pullens, rockhill, me, and sister rasmussen |
| me and sis reyes with the baby cows |
No comments:
Post a Comment