Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 423 Othello, Wa. Old War Horse

Hello friends! :)

It's been a pretty busy week...unfortunately it was the meeting kind of busy, not the appointment kind. But I'll take what I can get.

We had zone conference this week, which was bittersweet. Mostly sweet. Usually zone conferences combine a few zones, so you pretty much get to have a reunion with all your missionary friends that you never get to see otherwise. But this time President had the Othello and Moses Lake zones just do them separate. SAD DAY. However, the training was awesome. It was all about helping investigators to keep commitments and how to teach for commitment. In our missionary purpose it says our purpose is to INVITE others to come unto Christ by HELPING them receive the restored gospel. So we learned a lot about inviting and helping...and it was awesome.

So I was reading in Alma for personal study the other day, and I came across the famous Alma 26:2-3...and it just got me thinking. This mission is the blessing. This is seriously the best decision I've ever made. And I can't believe I almost missed out on it. Elder Holland says in PMG that this is the most important path our investigators will ever walk. And we have the privilege to walk it with them!! To be their guides and help them every step of the way, right there down on our knees on the ground next to them. Helping them. How humbling is that?? Gah. I love my mission.

I went on exchanges with Hermana Jones this week (she was the one I went on exchanges with way back in Yakima...she's awesome.) It was really fun cause she and I are what the WKM terms "old war horses". Meaning we've been out for a little bit. So we got to talk about Pres Greer and old missionaries and how the mission has been progressing and stuffs. When she and I first got to the mission, it was booming. Like on fire. But then with the mission splitting and new mission president and all that, it was really at a low point. And it was pretty discouraging. But now the mission is doing really well and we are seeing miracles left and right! So it's been interesting to be part of it all and to see what works and what doesn't. It was nice to talk about it all with someone who gets it.

Anywho. Life has been nuts. We had a huge volleyball activity for the Spanish/Mixteco ward on Friday and we invited a couple of our investigators, we're moving (AGAIN) to a member's home in the 2nd ward, and all sorts of good stuff. Luckily this next week will be the first normal week we've had in a while. yayyyyy. :)

Love you all!!
Sister Smith

"It is His work. I am like a little pencil in His hand. That is all. He does the thinking. He does the writing. The pencil has nothing to do with it. The pencil has only to be allowed to be used." - Mother Teresa

Probably one of the best representations of Othello that I could find...haha

Gifts from Amanda :) love em!
(
these crazy floral pants and some sweet hand made shoes)

No comments:

Post a Comment