Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 437 Othello, Wa. Milagros

Okay wait wait. They're making a movie about Amanda?!?!? Shut the front door. They should definitely do a "meanwhile, in her sister's mission..." and just show a clip of me teaching a cow. hahaha :)

Anywho. The transfer calls came....and I'M STAYING IN OTHELLO!!!!! YEAAAHHHHHH!!!!! haha I'm so glad. There is seriously so much going on right now and I really didn't want to leave. And get this...Sister Rasmussen is going to Hermiston! I'm getting Sister Karony who is currently serving in Hermiston. Party. So I'm definitely sending Rasmussen to a whole bunch of former investigators so she can baptize em all :)

So remember the story I told you about Lazet and Julio?? Okay. We had another miracle lesson with them this week. Brace yourselves. So that first time we met Julio we left the Book of Mormon with him, and told him that if he reads it, it will bring him the peace and happiness that he is searching for. Okay. We weren't able to catch them home for a whole week, so we were getting pretty nervous. But the other day we stopped by on a whim, and they were there!! So we sat down with them. We asked Julio if he had read from the book, and he said he had been reading it every single day during his breaks at work. We asked him how he felt while reading it, and he said he felt peace and just a good feeling. So we taught him and Lazet about the Restoration. During the lesson he said he wished there was a prophet today so he could have that guidance and help. We were like YEAHHHH!!!! He also offered to say the closing prayer, but he didn't know how...so we taught him. And he and Lazet both soft committed to be baptized. While we were leaving, we asked if there was anything we could do for them. He said "No, you've already done it by giving me this book and teaching me about this. My life has been changed already since the day you walked in my door." GAH. The church is true, people. It was so awesome. They are so prepared :)

Welp....this email is short. Sorry...but my brain is too fried. Loved the video of the game night...tell those Basses I said hi!!

Love you!!

Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment