Man. What a week.
I'll just cut to the chase. Sister Karony is going home in the next couple days to take care of some stuff back at home. It's been a rough past couple weeks with all that drama. I'll spare you all the details. I'm not sure who my new companion will be...I should be finding out today or tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens.
So cool story, when I got to Othello I heard a lot about this Guillermo kid who wanted to take the lessons SUPER bad but his mom wouldn't let him. And he was in Guatemala at the time. Anywho...we ran into him for the first time this week! He asked his mom if we could teach him, and she said she would think about it.
We also have another guy named Michael whose parents used to be a Catholic priest and a nun, but got kicked out of the church when they got married. Anywho, Michael has come to church for the past 2 weeks and looooves it. So we need some serious prayers for the hearts of these boys' parents to be softened so we can teach them! Miracles can happen, people!
Oh! So our bishop's brother is a seminary teacher down there at either Payson or Salem...Brother Risenmay is the name. Anybody know him?
Anywho. Sunday was super cool because our members are really starting to catch the missionary spirit! We had so many people come up to us and tell us about some missionary experience they had had this week and how their friend is interested in the church. Brace yourself, Othello. It's about to go down. :)
Love you all!! Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment