Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 465 Othello, Wa. Conference Junkie

Hello again! :)

Fun thing of the week: I got to go on exchanges with Hermana Pierce in Basin City on Friday...and it was a blast. She goes home this transfer, so it was fun to reminisce about old times in the WKM and talk about "old war horse" things. And teaching with her was a breeze. Loved it.

I totally saw the segment in between sessions about the Philippines!! Amanda popped up on the screen and I was just like ummmm.....I KNOW HER!!!! hahaha so weird. Also weird watching a bunch of my friends (including good ol Ryan Eggett) singing in the Sat afternoon sesh. Just a trippy experience all around. ALSO my old mission president, Pres Greer, got called as an area 70. So that was cool. He's awesome. And it was funny to recognize a name in that long list of crazy names they always read. :)

Can we just talk about how incredibly amazing conference was this weekend? Holy my crap. Usually I have one or two favorite talks, but this time around I just loved them all. Here are some of my favorite quotes/things I learned. It'll probably be super long...I learned a lot :)

Pres Monson: Live true to the faith!!
Ronald A Rasband: He asks us to be able and willing to take up the joyful burden of discipleship.
Neil L Andersen: You NEED the strength that comes from trusting the Lord's prophets.
Henry B Eyring: You hold in your hands the happiness of more people than you can imagine.
-The Spirit will bring all things to our remembrance, but the words of scriptures and hymns will last the longest.
-If you let Him be the leader of your family, things will work out.
Russell M Nelson: Sometimes we come face to face with the strength of our faith.
- Keeping commandments brings blessings EVERY TIME. Breaking commandments brings a loss of blessings EVERY TIME.
- Don't divide yourself with phrases like "my private life" or "my best behavior"
- Increase your faith, proclaim your faith, let your faith show
Richard G Scott: "Most importantly, we knew she loved us, and that she loved the gospel."
- sincerely love those we want to help, so that they can develop faith in God's love
- always concentrate on this principle: the Atonement makes it possible to become more like Jesus Christ, so we can return to our Father with our families for eternity.
- Every person here on earth chose the Savior's plan. Trust that, given the opportunity, they will do so again. ...Remember, we all grow line upon line.
Dieter F Uchtdorf (this was definitely one of my favorites) : Being grateful can make our lives joyful and even glorious.
- Seek gratitude as a disposition - a way of life. Instead of being grateful FOR things, develop a spirit of gratitude in our circumstances. (Auuuugh I loved this. Seriously. Happiness is a choice.)
- We can choose to be grateful NO MATTER WHAT.
- There is something inside of us that resists endings. Why? We are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings.
- Gratitude is a catalyst to all Christlike attributes
M Russell Ballard (our boy!): Peter not only invited, but took the man by the hand and helped him - lifted him up - then walked with him into the temple. This was AWESOME. Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel. You have to do both.
- Invite someone at least 4 times a year to meet with the missionaries
- If we follow up, the Lord will not let us down
- seek the ONE
- every member should have a copy of and study Preach My Gospel
Gary E Stevenson: Keeping the commandments will enable you to perform at your highest level.
- It is NEVER too late, so long as the Master says there is time. Don't delay.
- You've prepared for this for milennia.
David A Bednar (another fave): Is the load I am carrying producing spiritual traction for me to overcome difficulties and eventually enable me to return to my Father in Heaven?
- Making and keeping covenants yokes us to and with Jesus Christ. (Even though our strength is nothing compared to His, He has the strength to carry our load - as long as we agree to pull with Him.)
- "the Lord did strengthen them" - increased their capacity to overcome their circumstances - it allowed them to act as agents and impact their circumstances. (This is kind of what I was talking about last week. So good.)
L Tom Perry: Be sensitive to our spiritual bits - be willing to completely change our course with but a gentle tug from the Master.
Marco A Aidukaitis: If we are sincerely seeking the truth, we will do ALL in our power to find it - and then do God's will
D Todd Christofferson: Christ IS justice.
- Our lives are, in reality, His.
Pres Monson: May we ever be found doing the work of the Lord
- May we realize how close the Lord is willing to come to us, and how far He is willing to go for us.


Okay. I think that's enough. I wrote down a few questions that I had before conference started, and every single one of them were answered. Just know I took like 12 pages of notes because it was THAT awesome. #conferenceaddict

Love you all!! Have a fantastic week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment