Monday, April 14, 2014

Day Left: 50 Othello, Wa. #becauseofhim

Hellooooooo!

FIRST THINGS FIRST!!! Have ya'll heard of the church's Easter initiative called "Because of Him"? You probably have, because you're normal people and have Facebook. here's the link for all the cool info: https://www.lds.org/church/news/church-to-launch-because-of-him-easter-initiative?lang=eng

Just another week in farmish paradise. We had interviews with President Ware this week....that man is awesome. I pretty much just told him everything I was going through and how I was feeling about things...and he was so dang helpful!! I love him.

In other news, I learned how to crochet this week. haha there's this super sweet little old lady named Mary Lou who taught us...and she taught the elders how to knit. We're so domestic. See pictures. :)

Our homegirl Monica came to FHE at the bishop's house this week, and it was awesome! We showed a mormon message and all that good stuff. She shared her story with the family and they just fell in love with her. She is so awesome. Keep her in your prayers!

Good news and bad news....we found a GOLDEN GOLDEN family this week!! Gah. The mom Lily had felt like she needed to get baptized, but when she found out that her church believed in "until death do you part" she was not okay with that. So she asked her boss (who is a member) about our belief in eternal families. And he sent us right on over. We taught her about the plan of salvation and she LOVED it. She said she wants to be baptized and come to church and all that good stuff. It was so awesome.....the bad news? Turns out she lives in a different ward. Like lives right on the boundary. siiiiiiigh. So we had to give her to the elders. Those lucky dogs.

Transfer calls are this week....and it's my last one. AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! It just hit me as I typed it. Freakin out. I'll let you know what happens.


Love you all!

Sis Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment