So I just realized...today was my last temple trip of my mission...except for the morning that I go home. Ew. Moving on....
Let's see. What happened this week...I have so many good/funny videos to show you when I get home that words just don't do justice. Unfortunately I can't send them over email cause they're too big. Whomp whomp.
Monica Yu (the girl from China) came with us to the Women's General Broadcast this weekend!!! AUGH!!! We were so stoked. We went to her place after to do service and she just asked us questions the whole time and fed us super good food. :) Food is good. hahaha but no we are so stoked about her. We are having dinner with her and a member family on Monday so we are pretty pumped.
We've been focusing a lot on the members in 2nd ward recently...we decided to pray and come up with a list of families that we felt the Lord had prepared people in their lives to share the gospel with. And so then we go and tell them just that. And EVERY time we show up, they have a referral for us. This is rare in missionary work, FYI. We're pretty excited.
Bragging moment: So we actually felt really strongly to go see Elder Risenmay and his wife this week...so we went and met with them and told them the whole shpeal. Sis Risenmay said there was someone at her work that had been on her mind but she just didn't know how to approach it. We taught her how to introduce the BoM using the pictures, and she was like "okay! This must be Heavenly Father's way of telling me I need to just do it already. I commit. I'll do it tomorrow." We talked with them for a little bit and told them we'd follow up, all that good stuff. Four days later at church, we got a text from President Ware, and this is what it said: "Sisters Smith and Karony, I called Elder Risenmay yesterday and he told me that you had visited their home. He said your message, your invitation, the Spirit and love you radiated were just perfect. They accepted your invitation and Sister Risenmay prayed and pondered then acted to place a Book of Mormon. Elder and Sister Risenmay wanted me to know how impressed they are with both of you as great missionaries. Keep it up Sisters! You're doing great."
It was so cool to hear that from President...especially since things are a little interesting this transfer. Just brought me a lot of comfort knowing that I'm doing my best, ya know?
Oh! While we were talking with Elder Risenmay, he told us how in one meeting he went to with the First Presidency and 12 Apostles, they all got up and bore their witness of the Savior and the Atonement. And he said Richard G Scott got up and said that the day before, he received revelation about the Atonement that he had never even thought of before. HOW COOL IS THAT?!? Seriously. Even the Apostles are still learning about the depth of the Atonement.
Speaking of which...these past few months have been teaching me a lot about the enabling power of the Atonement. Things keep happening where I realize that I can't change my circumstances, but I can change how I react or my attitude towards those circumstances. Happiness is a choice. And the power of the Atonement is so very real. It's helped me do things and say things and become somebody that I could never do on my own. There's an awesome talk by Elder Bednar called "The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality" that describes it perfectly. So even though there have been bumps in the road, I know they're for my good.
Well, that's about it for this week. Things are good. I'm pumped out of my mind for General Conference. Stay tuned next week for all my favorite quotes and things I learned. :) Love you all!!
Sister Smith
Pics:
Jessica and Alfonso bought this HUGE playhouse from Costco for their daughter for her birthday...so we put it together for them...yeah. That thing took two days. It's like a real house. Countertops, benches, doorbell, everything. This girl is pretty handy with a drill. :)
- At the Gentry's house for dinner...the whole family sings and plays guitar and stuffs. So they had us play guitar while we all sang Lower Lights songs and Bro Gentry played the tambourine. haha it was such a blast. Super cool family :)
No comments:
Post a Comment